Friday, January 27, 2012

My intro

Greetings and welcome to the Endurance Sports blog. The main focus here will be on running (including marathon, half marathon, mountain runs, wilderness runs etc), triathlon (including Ironman and half Ironman distances, as well as shorter distances and various formats such as winter triathlon, extreme triathlon etc) and cross-country skiing. We will look at the sports from various different angles, such as training, health, gear, introducing interesting races and so on.

I don't claim to have all the answers, I might actually have more questions than answers.  As for myself, I'm no expert or pro when it comes to sports. I've been active since I was a teenager (which was, frightening enough, some 30 years ago) - although never very successful. I'm still quite active, I train 4-6 days per week and although I'm not very competitive-minded, I actually love to participate in runs, triathlons and cross-country ski races whenever possible. However, I never have the patience to search far enough down the results lists to find my name!

Being slightly overweight (33 lbs/15 kg of excess luggage) I often wish I had a lighter frame to carry on my runs, but have never actually done much about it.

Anyway, I will be sharing my thoughts, experiences and questions here on this site. I also aim to post a list of links to interesting races all around the world - races that suit and welcome the average person just as much as the pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment